A single mother’s story tells why the work to build community support for the Yolo Crisis Nursery is important and never ending. Patricia, a single mother of three, needed help. Keeping up with three lively kids, aged one, six, and seven, had overwhelmed her. The...read more
The Big Day of Giving is May 3, but you can schedule your donation now (to be processed on May 3). https://bit.ly/2Hy18c4 Double your dollars to the Yolo Crisis Nursery up to $13,500! Greg and Amy McNece with Davisville Management Company have agreed to offer a...read more
Bud Wolf was there at the beginning. In fact, he was there before there was a beginning. The year before Yolo Crisis Nursery first opened its doors in 2001, Laura Heintz, the founding executive director of YCN, met with Bud Wolf and told him about plans for the...read more
Thanks to the support of Dignity Health, Yolo Crisis Nursery, along with partners Stanford Youth Services and Yolo County Children’s Alliance, is starting a new program called “Prevention Wraparound and Peer Parent Partner Services.” Targeting at-risk families, Yolo...read more
The Good Scoop and Sudwerk Brewing Company are having a Davis Spring Night Market event at the Sudwerk Dock Store in Davis on March 17 from 5pm to 10pm - and a portion of the proceeds raised will benefit the Yolo Crisis Nursery. The Night Market is an event that...read more
Join us for the 6th Annual “Krustaceans for Kids” Crab Feed. For the Yolo Crisis Nursery, this is the event of the year. So much crab, so much pasta and salad, so much fun! The fun, food, and yes, fundraising, is set for Saturday, March 24, at the Woodland Senior and...read more
Can you help by contributing a box of diapers? Donations will be accepted through May 19.read more
The Rotary Club of Davis has supported us for years. Read about their most recent generosity.read more
As the Big Day of Giving approaches, we’re mindful of why we are so passionate about the Nursery. Maria’s story provides answers.read more
Soroptimist International honored the Yolo Crisis Nursery this week with a grant of $1,500.read more
Yolo Crisis Nursery Events
From time to time, our Friends of the Nursery sponsor special fund-raising events. This is the place to learn about them! For information about joining the Friends, contactl them at email@example.com.
6th Annual "Krustaceans for Kids" Crab Feed
Save the date for the 2018 event: It will be Saturday, March 24, at the Woodland Community and Senior Center, a beautiful and spacious facility on East Street on the southern edge of town.
Tickets and sponsorships will be available beginning in January via this website.
Every year, the Nursery participates in the national Giving Tuesday. This year, it’s Nov. 29.
Always the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, it’s a day to give back after the three big shopping days: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
This is a virtual event, driven by social media: #GivingTuesday. Donations are all online, to individual nonprofits’ own donation web pages.
With your contribution by credit card, you’ll join thousands of people around the country who will enter the Season of Giving with a gift that helps the less fortunate among us.
Our local newspaper, the Davis Enterprise, generously publishes a column once a month about our activities at the Nursery. Catch up on past columns below:
- YCN_April_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: With fundraising, focus remains on families
- YCN_March_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Pillars of the Community
- YCN_February_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery partners with local agencies to keep families intact
- YCN_January_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Don’t miss out on the fun at this fundraiser
- YCN_October_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery: A nursery in need has friends indeed
- YCN_September_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Village leaders built the nursery
- YCN_August_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery can be just what the doctor ordered
- YCN_July_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Celebrating successes and moving forward
- YCN_June_2017: At the Nursery, saving a child’s life is part of a day’s work
- YCN_May_2017: With Nursery’s help, family heads off a potential crisis
- YCN_April_2017: Mom’s tale goes to heart of why the Nursery exists
- YCN_March_2017: Raising $78,000, one crab leg at a time
- YCN_February_2017: A reprinting of Comstock’s magazine’s profile of Yolo Crisis Nursery
- YCN_January_2017: Nursery’s benefit crab feed: All it’s cracked up to be and more
Support the Yolo Crisis Nursery
The Yolo Crisis Nursery depends upon the support of generous, caring people like you. Please help us with our mission and protect the vulnerable children in our community.