“Volunteer” is a word that we are fortunate to hear frequently in our generous community. With so many worthwhile organizations in need of volunteers, the challenge can be in finding just the right fit. Over the years, I have volunteered with numerous organizations...
Every child deserves a safe and loving place to be and the Yolo Crisis Nursery provides just that. The Yolo Crisis Nursery has made a positive change in the lives of over 5,000 children and families since opening our doors in 2001. We work to prevent child abuse and...
“Camila” and “Ramone” loved each other and adored their two children, “Mateo,” 3½, and “Mia,” 9 months. Life was good for this young family, and they had many plans and dreams for their future. However, those plans were destroyed one afternoon at a family barbecue...
The Krustaceans for Kids Crab Feed was a record breaker this year — raising more than $91,500 for the Yolo Crisis Nursery! This exceeded our wildest dreams and was made possible by our generous sponsors, donors, volunteers and guests, to whom we say thank you, thank...
Foster families have a critical role in our community. They not only care for children in crisis, but they foster love among us. It takes a very special family to love and welcome a child of any age at any time, day or night. The Yolo Crisis Nursery is a resource to...
Our local newspaper, the Davis Enterprise, generously publishes a column once a month about our activities at the Nursery. Catch up on past columns below
- YCN July 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: ‘Baby Whisperer’ Connie Cordero Retiring After 16 Years
- YCN June 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Volunteers Help Protect Children, Families
- YCN May 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: A Father’s Love
- YCN April 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Give Today to Help Them Grow!
- YCN March 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Oh What a Night!
- YCN February 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Fostering Love
- YCN January 2019: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Crab Feed Fundraiser set for March 16th!
- YCN_December_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: New Year Brings a New Chapter
- YCN_November_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: The Love and Understanding of a Grandparent’s Perspective
- YCN_October_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Distressed, Desperate Dad calls on YCN
- YCN_September_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Offering Families a Well-timed Helping Hand
- YCN_August_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: The Power of Partnership
- YCN_June_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Board shifts into high gear
- YCN_May_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery Continues to Improve Lives
- YCN_April_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: With fundraising, focus remains on families
- YCN_March_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Pillars of the Community
- YCN_February_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery partners with local agencies to keep families intact
- YCN_January_2018: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Don’t miss out on the fun at this fundraiser
- YCN_October_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery: A nursery in need has friends indeed
- YCN_September_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Village leaders built the nursery
- YCN_August_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery can be just what the doctor ordered
- YCN_July_2017: Yolo Crisis Nursery: Celebrating successes and moving forward
- YCN_June_2017: At the Nursery, saving a child’s life is part of a day’s work
- YCN_May_2017: With Nursery’s help, family heads off a potential crisis
- YCN_April_2017: Mom’s tale goes to heart of why the Nursery exists
- YCN_March_2017: Raising $78,000, one crab leg at a time
- YCN_February_2017: A reprinting of Comstock’s magazine’s profile of Yolo Crisis Nursery
- YCN_January_2017: Nursery’s benefit crab feed: All it’s cracked up to be and more
Support the Yolo Crisis Nursery
The Yolo Crisis Nursery depends upon the support of generous, caring people like you. Please help us with our mission and protect the vulnerable children in our community.